I defy anyone who is having a mid afternoon slump not to feel revived, sustained and extreeeemly satisfied after munching on one of these bad boys! The salty, dark cacao 'biscuit' combined with the sweet, vanilla fudge really is something rather special... and its entirely raw, vegan and well kinda guilt free! Just take a look at the ingredients...
what you will need
- 1 x 60g Bar of Raw Fudge with vanilla
- 4oz (120g) Pecans
- 4oz (120g) Walnuts
- 6oz (175g) Medjool Dates
- 120ml maple syrup
- A pinch or two of salt
- 2tsp Vanilla bean extract
- 6tbs Cacao powder
- 6tbs Rolled oats
Firstly take your fudge out if the fridge, at least an hour prior to making cookies, so it will be at room temperature .
1. Process all ingredients except for the fudge in a food processor, (or if like me use a hand held whizzer, although mine nearly died, hence why the cookies are a little, shall we say coarse in texture!!) until it reaches a dough like consistency.
2. Roll the dough into a large ball and flatten with a rolling pin (a wine bottle works well if you don't have a rolling pin!)
3. Cut into circles, again if you don't have a cookie cutter use a small glass. Refrigerate until firm. You can freeze to speed up the process.
4. With a fork mash the Vanilla Fudge with a splash of water, just enough water to get a nice smooth and creamy consistency.
5. Spread the fudge filling onto the chilled biscuits and sandwich together.
6. Store your Raw Chocolate Pie Oreos in the fridge.